Frequently Asked Questions
We know you’ve probably got questions about how this whole Green Plastic Moving Box and how it works. Most of the questions are answered in this question, but if not, just give us a call (888) 609-8984
Why should I choose Chicago Green Box?
- Chicago Green box offers an eco-friendly approach to service, that refrains from a dependency on wasteful cardboard products. Our green boxes can store all of your valuables for the moving process, are easily maneuverable, stackable and save space. Their recyclable composition ensures no waste products are added to the environment, and most of all they are inexpensive. We also offer free delivery and pickup for all residences and business within a 10 mile radius of our facilities.
How many green boxes should I order?
- You can order indiscriminately from our website according to your packing needs. The typical dimensions have a length of 27 inches, a height of 12 inches and a depth of 17 inches. A minimum of twenty boxes can be rented for a cost of $99. If additional boxes are needed you can inquire about costs by contacting us.
Are there any delivery and pickup fees?
- If your residence or commercial business is located within a 10 mile radius of our facilities, we offer free delivery and pick up services. If your location is beyond the 10 mile radius we charge a $35 pickup and delivery fee.
How long do I keep the green boxes?
- The green boxes can be rented for a period of two weeks. For each additional day or week there is an associated fee. Please contact us for information regarding additional fees for longer rental periods.
What is your service area?
- At Chicago Green box we serve the local Chicago area and its surrounding suburbs. If your residence of commercial business is located within a 10 mile radius of our facilities we offer free delivery and pickup. For inquiries about whether or not we can deliver to your area or the associated cost please contact us.
What is the size of the green boxes?
- The green boxes are 27 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 17 inches in depth. They are made of durable, water and dust resistant materials that won’t suffer from the degradation experienced by withering cardboard.
Can I choose my delivery and pickup times?
- All delivery and pick up hours are subject to our hours of service; however we remain flexible with our time frame. Normative delivery and pickup hours are from 10am to 2pm, however feel free to inquire about additional service hours as we remain flexible to your individual needs if possible.
When do I make my payments?
- All payments are made beforehand, and we offer quality and professional service specific to your needs.
What forms of payments do you accept?
- Currently the only forms of payment acceptable are cash and credit card.
Are there any cancellation fees?
- For any inquiries regarding cancellation fees please contact us for a detailed description of our cancellation procedures.
Can I reschedule my delivery?
- Yes, all deliveries are scheduled with our staff and can be altered if necessary as long as it is not the immediate hour of the moving process.
Can I use dollies to move my furniture?
- In addition to green box products we also offer complimentary dollies for your moving requirements. Dollies cost $5 each.
Are the green boxes clean?
- Before each move the green box containers are inspected, cleansed and sanitized before being shipped to new clients. Because of their reusable composition, this is necessary so that other clients can continue to take advantage of their waste saving properties.
Will you provide packing services?
- For information regarding packing services please contact us for a more detailed description of our services
Can I purchase green boxes?
- Unfortunately our green boxes are not purchasable. Instead they are available to all consumers through our rental service.
How much weight can green boxes hold?
- Our green boxes can effectively hold a weight of around 100lbs.