Frequently Asked Questions
We know you’ve probably got questions about how this whole Green Plastic Moving Box and how it works. Most of the questions are answered in this question, but if not, just give us a call (773)782-6253.
Why should I choose Chicago Green Box?
Chicago Green box offers an eco-friendly approach to service, that refrains from a dependency on wasteful cardboard products. Our green boxes can store all of your valuables for the moving process, are easily maneuverable, stackable and save space. Their recyclable composition ensures no waste products are added to the environment, and most of all they are inexpensive. We also offer free delivery and pickup for all residences and business within a 10 mile radius of our facilities.
How many green boxes should I order?
You can order indiscriminately from our website according to your packing needs. The typical dimensions have a length of 27 inches, a height of 12 inches and a depth of 17 inches. A minimum of twenty boxes can be rented for a cost of $99. If additional boxes are needed you can inquire about costs by contacting us.
Are there any delivery and pickup fees?
If your residence or commercial business is located within a 10 mile radius of our facilities, we offer free delivery and pick up services.
How long do I keep the green boxes?
The green boxes can be rented for a period of two weeks. For each additional day or week there is an associated fee. Please contact us for information regarding additional fees for longer rental periods.
What is your service area?
At Chicago Green box we serve the local Chicago area and its surrounding suburbs. If your residence of commercial business is located within a 10 mile radius of our facilities we offer free delivery and pickup. For inquiries about whether or not we can deliver to your area or the associated cost please contact us.
What is the size of the green boxes?
The green boxes are 27 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 17 inches in depth. They are made of durable, water and dust resistant materials that won’t suffer from the degradation experienced by withering cardboard.
Can I choose my delivery and pickup times?
All delivery and pick up hours are subject to our hours of service; however we remain flexible with our time frame. Normative delivery and pickup hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday through Saturday, however feel free to inquire about additional service hours as we remain flexible to your individual needs if possible.
When do I make my payments?
All payments are made beforehand, and we offer quality and professional service specific to your needs.
What forms of payments do you accept?
Currently the only forms of payment acceptable are cash and credit card.
Are there any cancellation fees?
For any inquiries regarding cancellation fees please contact us for a detailed description of our cancellation procedures.
Can I reschedule my delivery?
Yes, all deliveries are scheduled with our staff and can be altered if necessary as long as it is not the immediate hour of the moving process.
Can I use dollies to move my furniture?
In addition to green box products we also offer complimentary dollies for your moving requirements. Dollies cost $5 each.
Are the green boxes clean?
Before each move the green box containers are inspected, cleansed and sanitized before being shipped to new clients. Because of their reusable composition, this is necessary so that other clients can continue to take advantage of their waste saving properties.
Will you provide packing services?
For information regarding packing services please contact us for a more detailed description of our services
Can I purchase green boxes?
Unfortunately our green boxes are not purchasable. Instead they are available to all consumers through our rental service.
How much weight can green boxes hold?
Our green boxes can effectively hold a weight of around 100lbs.
Moving Boxes Resources & information
From the blog
- Aug 13, 2019 Where to recycle in Chicago after your move Aug 13, 2019
- Jul 31, 2019 Eco-friendly storage tips during your move Jul 31, 2019
- Jul 17, 2019 3 ways to donate household items when you move Jul 17, 2019
- Jul 3, 2019 How to Reduce the Carbon Footprint in Your New Home Jul 3, 2019
- Jun 19, 2019 What it Means to Have an Eco-friendly Move Jun 19, 2019
- Jun 5, 2019 Top Eco-Friendly Cleaning Supplies to Use During Your Move Jun 5, 2019
- May 8, 2019 Why You Should Pack Your Kitchen Last For More Eco-friendly Move May 8, 2019
- Apr 24, 2019 How to Get Creative With Packing Materials Apr 24, 2019
- Apr 8, 2019 5 Spring Cleaning Tips to Help Prep for an Upcoming Move Apr 8, 2019
- Mar 27, 2019 What is a Sustainable Move & How to Achieve It Mar 27, 2019
- Mar 13, 2019 5 ways to reduce waste when moving Mar 13, 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 The Benefits of Plastic Moving Boxes for Fragile Items Feb 27, 2019
- Feb 13, 2019 How Cardboard Boxes Can Slow Down Your Office Move Feb 13, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 How to Reduce Waste & Recycle During a Move Jan 29, 2019
- Jan 16, 2019 Top Packing Tips for Moving in a Hurry Jan 16, 2019
- Jan 2, 2019 4 Tips to Effectively Pack Your Moving Boxes Jan 2, 2019
- Dec 19, 2018 Top Common Packing Materials You Already Own & Can Reuse Dec 19, 2018
- Dec 5, 2018 How to Make Your Commercial Move be an Eco-Friendly Project Dec 5, 2018
- Nov 20, 2018 Make a Difference by Using Green Moving Boxes Nov 20, 2018
- Nov 7, 2018 3 Tips to Live More Eco-Friendly After Your Move Nov 7, 2018
- Oct 24, 2018 5 Tips for Labeling Your Moving Boxes Oct 24, 2018
- Oct 10, 2018 How to Keep Your Chicago Move Eco-Friendly Beyond the Boxes Oct 10, 2018
- Sep 26, 2018 How Plastic Boxes Improve the Packing Process for a Move Sep 26, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 How Much can You Pack in Plastic Moving Boxes? Sep 12, 2018
- Aug 29, 2018 A Secret Tip to Make Moving Easier Aug 29, 2018
- Aug 15, 2018 Why You Should Be Using Green Moving Boxes for Your Office Move Aug 15, 2018
- Aug 1, 2018 3 Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials for Your Next Move Aug 1, 2018
- Apr 27, 2017 Top 6 Must Have Moving Supplies Apr 27, 2017
- Apr 19, 2017 Reusable Moving Boxes vs. Cardboard vs. Plastic Bins Apr 19, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Save Money on Expensive Moves & Packing Apr 5, 2017
- Mar 8, 2017 Should You Rent Moving Boxes When Moving to Chicago? Mar 8, 2017
- Feb 22, 2017 Chicago Recycling for Everything Feb 22, 2017
- Feb 9, 2017 The Chicago Green Box Complete Guide to Renting Moving Boxes Feb 9, 2017
- Jan 26, 2017 5 Hidden Costs from Using Cheap Moving Boxes Jan 26, 2017
- Jan 18, 2017 The Smartest Way to Pack Your Moving Boxes Jan 18, 2017
- Dec 29, 2016 Facts You May Not Know About Moving Boxes Dec 29, 2016
- Nov 30, 2016 Using a Packing Service for an Efficient Move Nov 30, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Why Stackable Moving Boxes are Great for Larger Moves Nov 14, 2016
- Oct 10, 2016 Tips for Using Plastic Boxes for Your Next Move Oct 10, 2016
- Sep 7, 2016 6 Top Benefits of Eco Moving Boxes Sep 7, 2016
- Jul 15, 2016 Why You Need to Stop Buying Cardboard Boxes for Moving Jul 15, 2016